The following is club tryout information. Since there is still a great deal of uncertainty as to when or whether tournaments may be offered, we are basing our fee based just on the costs associated with practices (2 hours a week, twice a week), uniforms, backpack, hoodie sweatshirt, coaches' stipends, and club volleyballs. If and when tournaments are available and we feel that it would be safe to play, the costs for those will be added on an ad hoc basis. The 2020 - 2021 season fee will be $1400.
Pre-registration and a non-refundable tryout payment of $25 (check payable to volleyball MD and mailed in advance) is required since we are limiting the number of players in one session to only 18. Walk in registration will be on a space available basis with a tryout fee of $30.
USA Volleyball uses July 1, 2021 to set its age division for the 2020 - 2021 season. It's how old you are on after July 1, 2021 that determines your age division. A player can always play in an older age division, but never younger.
All girls trying out must provide proof of 2021 CHRVA registration.
CHRVA registration is done online only at
Choose the junior tryout - 10 day membership option.
Upon completion of the registration process, you will be able to print or show proof of registration for the 2021 Season Tryout process.
Each Session Limited to Maximum of 18 Players. Pre-registration Required
A one-time non-refundable $25 tryout fee by check made payable to volleyball MD and received prior to the tryout session attending. Paypal option available
|Sun. Nov. 1||Fri. Nov. 6||Sat. Nov 7||Sun. Nov. 8|
|U14,13,12||4 - 5 PM||6 - 7 PM||2 - 3 PM|
|U15||5:30 - 7 PM||9 - 11 AM||11:30 - 1:30 PM|
|U16||7:30 - 9 PM||11:30 - 1:30 PM||9 - 11 AM|
|U17, 18||7:30 - 9 PM||3:30 - 5 PM|
VENUE: Hong Tennis Training Center; 19000 Woodfield Rd., Gaithersburg, MD
The following are some health and safety requirements:
- If you have or recently had a fever, dry cough, difficulty breathing or feeling fatigued or have been in recent contact with someone with those symptoms, you must remain at home and not participate.
- We will conduct a non-contact temperature check for players as they enter the facility. Players should check their temperature prior to leaving for the venue.
- Players are required to wear masks when not actively participating in on court activities and not able to maintain social distancing. Coaches will be in masks at all times. Players and coaches will frequently use hand sanitizing solution during the session.
- Black metal chairs are set up for players at last 6 feet apart for them to use in putting on shoes and placing their bags.
- Players need to bring their own water bottles since the water fountains will be turned off.
- Players need to bring their own hand towels for drying their hands when washing their hands after using the restroom. If players forget, we will have extra hand towels.
- We are limiting the number of players to only 8 - 10 per court; a maximum of 16 - 20 players with 2 coaches.
- Volleyballs, chairs and the restroom will be sanitized between sessions on days with multiple sessions. Coaches conducting more than one session will change masks, wash their hands and use hand sanitizing solution.
- Parents will NOT be permitted to stay in the venue if that would exceed the limiting space requirements.
Shang Hsiung, volleyball MD Club Director; firstname.lastname@example.org